Location: Canberra, ACT, AU | Sydney, NSW, AU | Brisbane, QLD, AU | Melbourne, VIC, AU | Newcastle, NSW, AU
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency
- Coordinate CSIRO climate strategy, risk & resilience activities
- Flexible, supportive work environment
Join team CSIRO, as our Coordinator - Climate Strategy and Risk to work within Sustainability Team. Where you will be responsible for the ongoing development, implementation, risk management and administration of climate strategy and climate risk management in CSIRO’s operations. While this is not a research role, the Coordinator Climate Strategy and Risk works collaboratively with CSIRO’s researchers and scientists, leveraging CSIRO’s leading expertise in pursuit of the climate related objectives and targets in CSIRO’s Sustainability Strategy 2020-2030.
This role will see you coordinate CSIRO’s climate strategy, risk and resilience activities. As a central operational administrator, you will coordinate stakeholders and subject matter experts across the organisation to set, review, refine and execute CSIRO’s approach to climate risk and resilience.
The ideal candidate will be a sustainability professional with substantial experience in delivering climate strategy and climate risk management outcomes. To be successful in this role you will possess strong planning, administration and analytical skills, along with the proven ability to successfully manage programs and projects across a large and complex national organisation.
Your duties will include:
- Review CSIRO's approach to climate action in its operations including the net zero emissions (NZE) program to develop a comprehensive climate strategy in collaboration with stakeholders that is in alignment with the objectives and targets within CSIRO’s Sustainability Strategy 2020-2030 and where relevant and approved the Net Zero in Government Operations Strategy.
- Coordinate the assessment, management, review and monitoring of CSIRO’s climate risk and resilience activities, working with stakeholders across the organisation to develop action plans and adaptive business processes for material risks.
- Manage, measure, monitor and analyse the delivery of the climate strategy, NZE implementation and associated risks to ensure programs and projects across the organisation are tracking to expected targets with risks effectively identified and managed.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to the Manager Sustainability for capital expenditure allocation priorities to Climate programs and projects.
- Develop Business Cases in collaboration with Sustainability Team members and other stakeholders for new policy, projects, and programs necessary for CSIRO to meet climate objectives and targets in its operations.
- Compile information for CSIRO’s finance personnel, annual reporting personnel and sustainability reporting personnel to enable CSIRO to meet its reporting obligations including Climate-related Financial Disclosures and other associated sustainability compliance reporting on climate strategy and risk.
- Influence internal stakeholders to incorporate and prioritise CSIRO’s climate strategy objectives and targets as well as address climate risk in business plans, business processes and projects.
Location: Open to be based from Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Newcastle
Salary: AU$105,806 - AU$114,500 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 18 months
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in sustainability or related field and/or equivalent related work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the successful development and implementation of climate action strategies, objectives, and targets within a large and complex organisational context.
- Demonstrated experience in sustainability data analytics and business case development, with the ability to produce supporting material in a range of formats to enable complex technical information to be logically conveyed to decision makers.
- Proven ability and skills to plan and administrate subject matter expert interdisciplinary working groups and committees to facilitate successful and focussed outcomes while managing stakeholder expectations.
- Proven ability to develop systems and processes to successfully manage and organise complex information, to and from, a large number of stakeholders in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Sound knowledge of climate governance, strategy and risk principles and the application of these in a large Corporate Commonwealth Entity context such as CSIRO.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills including the development and delivery of engaging presentations.
- Excellent communication and people skills, with the ability to build relationships across a broad range of stakeholders and work collaboratively with others to achieve outcomes and inspire change.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
21 February 2024, 11:00pm AEDT