Location: Canberra, ACT, AU
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Implement fraud prevention and detection strategies
- Play an integral role in CSIRO’s Fraud Control team
- An indefinite position with flexible working arrangements available
CSIRO’s Fraud Control Team is responsible for the development, review and application of fraud control in line with government legislation, fraud control policies, directives and best practice.
As the Governance Function at CSIRO continues its journey of growth and transformation, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Advisor - Fraud to join our team.
In this role, you’ll support the delivery of CSIRO’s approach to fraud control and contribute to the implementation of fraud and corruption control and prevention strategies. You’ll monitor and update organisational fraud risk and conduct fraud analysis activities.
You have a strong understanding of Commonwealth Legislation and fraud related policy, which will enable you to enhance CSIRO’s governance policies, frameworks and processes, and integrate these into key business processes. You’re able to work effectively in a team environment and can communicate complex information to a diverse range of stakeholders.
Contribute to the delivery of effective governance at a purpose-led organisation solving Australia’s greatest challenges, apply now.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting strategic policy direction and management of operational elements for CSIRO’s Fraud Control function.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external leadership to support CSIRO’s Fraud and Corruption Control Plan.
- Enhancing and maintaining Fraud analytics capability and reporting systems
- Compiling fraud incident data and preparation of other fraud reporting as necessary and performing fraud analysis and technical reporting.
- Coordinating and delivering fraud education and awareness programmes as necessary.
- Undertaking initial assessment and/or investigation of fraud matters in accordance with the Australian Government Investigation Standards, Commonwealth Fraud Control Guidelines, CSIRO Fraud Control Plan and CSIRO Procedures.
- Other duties as directed.
Location: Canberra preferred (other locations considered)
Salary: AU$105k - AU$114k pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite, Full-time
To be considered you will need:
- A contemporary knowledge of and demonstrated experience in fraud compliance and prevention strategies.
- Experience maintaining a current knowledge of Commonwealth fraud control and investigations strategies and methodologies.
- Ability to evaluate, interpret and synthesise complex information and draw logical conclusions and linkages.
- Ability to work autonomously, and to collaborate with Business Unit/Functional leadership to deliver often complex outcomes involving multiple stakeholders.
- A practical knowledge and understanding of Fraud and Corruption Control legislation.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking fraud risk assessments or the demonstrated ability to analyse information in line with contributing to the outcome of investigations or assessments.
- Implementation of fraud risk mitigation strategies and development of solutions/recommendations.
- Excellent verbal communication and written skills, including for a range of stakeholders and for Executive forums.
- Experience in managing multiple competing deadlines.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens only. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Baseline level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
21st February 2024, 11:00pm AEDT