Location: Canberra, ACT, AU | Adelaide, SA, AU
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Maintain and enhance compliance capability across CSIRO
- Play an integral role within our Compliance Team
- An indefinite position - flexible working arrangements available
CSIRO’s Compliance Team is responsible for overseeing the agency’s compliance risk. The team offers advice and guidance to staff in identifying assessing and managing risks and ensuring compliance with legal regulatory obligations.
As the Governance Function at CSIRO continues its journey of growth and transformation, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Advisor - Compliance to join our team.
In this position, you’ll support the delivery of CSIRO’s approach to compliance and play a key role in ensuring CSIRO meets its legislative and regulatory obligations as a Commonwealth corporate entity. You’ll be responsible for assisting the implementation of compliance control and prevention strategies across the agency.
Your demonstrated experience and knowledge of compliance and prevention strategies will see you enhance compliance capability and governance across CSIRO. You’re able to work effectively in a team environment and can communicate complex information to a diverse range of stakeholders.
Contribute to the delivery of effective governance at a purpose-led organisation solving Australia’s greatest challenges, apply now.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting strategic policy direction and management of operational elements for CSIRO’s compliance control function.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external leadership
- Enhancing and maintaining compliance capability and reporting systems.
- Supporting CSIRO Business Units and external providers to ensure the successful delivery of compliance controls.
- Leading the development, implementation and promotion of the suite of CSIRO compliance control artefacts.
- Analysing data and liaising with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate/assess compliance risk and undertaking regular compliance risk assessments.
- Coordinating and delivering compliance education and awareness programmes as necessary.
- Other duties as directed.
Location: Canberra or Adelaide preferred (other locations considered)
Salary: AU$105k - AU$114k pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite, Full-time
To be considered you will need:
- A contemporary knowledge of and demonstrated experience in compliance and prevention strategies.
- Experience maintaining a current knowledge of Commonwealth compliance strategies and methodologies.
- Ability to evaluate, interpret and synthesise complex information and draw logical conclusions and linkages.
- Ability to work autonomously, and to collaborate with Business Unit/Functional leadership to deliver often complex outcomes involving multiple stakeholders.
- A practical knowledge and understanding of key Commonwealth legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse information in line with contributing to the outcome of investigations or assessments.
- Implementation of compliance risk mitigation strategies and development of solutions/recommendations.
- Excellent verbal communication and written skills, including for a range of stakeholders and for Executive forums.
- Experience in managing multiple competing deadlines.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens only. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Baseline level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
21st February 2024, 11:00pm AEDT