Location: Canberra, ACT, AU | Brisbane, QLD, AU | Coopers Plains, QLD, AU | Hobart, TAS, AU | Sydney, NSW, AU
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Support and enhance governance processes at CSIRO
- Multiple opportunities available in a flexible work environment
- Contribute your experience at Australia’s National Science Agency
CSIRO’s Governance Function supports best practice governance and ensures appropriate policies and assurance frameworks are in place to support sound and transparent decision making, strengthen organisational resilience and protect the agency’s licence to operate.
As the Governance team continues its journey of growth and transformation, we have a number of opportunities for Governance Officers/Advisors to join our expanding team.
As a focus across these roles, you’ll provide practical support to the operational and strategic governance direction across CSIRO. You’ll assist the team to strengthen systems and frameworks, integrating these into key business processes. Working closely with Governance Team Leaders, you’ll play a key role in the ongoing enhancement of best practice governance at the agency.
Contribute to the delivery of effective governance at a purpose-led organisation solving Australia’s greatest challenges, apply now.
Please note, applications are invited across two capability levels (Officer and Advisor) and the successful candidate will be appointed at the level commensurate with their qualifications, skills and relevant experience. More details around the difference between the two levels are outlined in the position descriptions below.
Your duties will include:
- Contributing to making improvements to CSIRO’s governance arrangements, ensuring we meet legislative requirements, Board and Executive directions, and ministerial expectations.
- Assisting with the ongoing review and improvement of CSIRO’s governance arrangements, working together across the business to identify and implement contemporary practices and systems that ensure we meet legislative requirements, Board and Executive directions, and ministerial expectations.
- Contributing support to the management of a range of governance processes, plans and committees.
- Supporting the development and delivery of training and education to ensure all CSIRO has access to appropriate resources to support their accountabilities and responsibilities.
- Enhancing and maintaining data analytics & systems capability, and internal reporting.
- Other duties as directed.
Location: Hobart, Canberra, Coopers Plains, Eveleigh (other locations considered)
Salary: AU$68k - AU$86k (CSOF3) or AU$89k – AU$101k (CSOF4) pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite, Full-time
Reference: 95345 and 95344
To be considered you will need:
CSIRO is an Equal Opportunity employer working hard to recruit world-class talent that represents the diversity across our society. As part of our commitment to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander employment outcomes, preference will be given to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates who meet the role criteria.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Governance or a related field, or relevant work experience.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment, collaborate widely both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, interpret, synthesise and communicate complex information and draw logical conclusions and linkages.
- Excellent verbal communication and written skills, including for a range of stakeholders.
- Experience in managing multiple competing deadlines.
- Experience in a public sector environment and/or publicly funded research organisations.
For full details about the two roles, please review the Position Descriptions:
Governance Officer (CSOF3)
Governance Advisor (CSOF4)
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens only. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Baseline level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
21st February 2024, 11:00pm AEDT