Location: Canberra, ACT, AU | Sydney, NSW, AU | Adelaide, SA, AU | Perth, WA, AU | Melbourne, VIC, AU | Hobart, TAS, AU | Brisbane, QLD, AU
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency
- Manage the treasury & cash management function
- Flexible, supportive team with up to 15.4% Super
The Finance Coordinator – Treasury and Compliance is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the banking & treasury and credit card financial compliance team.
The position is integral in ensuring the completion of all banking & treasury functions and is responsible for the management of CSIRO Corporate Credit Card program to ensure cardholders are supported and maintain compliance with CSIRO’s procedures. To succeed in this position, you will require well-developed stakeholder management, compliance, team leadership and organisational skills.
The position is a designated security-assessed position requiring the successful candidate to hold or have the ability to possess and maintain a Baseline Australian Government security clearance.
Your duties will include:
- Supervise the daily activities completed by the banking, cash, and credit card support and compliance team to ensure they are completed on time and with high levels of accuracy.
- Manage the treasury and cash management function, including developing investment strategies to maximise the use of CSIRO’s cash reserves.
- Maintain the relationship with CSIRO’s banking provider, including contract issues concerning the transactional banking and credit card program.
- Manage CSIRO’s corporate credit program to enable access to corporate credit card products and streamline reconciliation processes, supporting compliance and minimising risks to the organisation.
- Assist with the management of CSIRO’s expense management system including being involved in implementing enhancements and system configuration that supports compliance with the credit card compliance program, and provides a streamlined and easy to use system for users.
- Maintain and enhance controls and processes for CSIRO’s credit card program.
- Ensure audits and reviews of credit cards and financial transactions are completed.
- Identification of trends and implementation of consistent controls and review frameworks to minimise risk.
Location: All Australian CSIRO locations will be considered
Salary: AU$105,806 - AU$114,500 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and/or experience in managing treasury and compliance functions.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and manage financial risk, provide mitigation strategies, and where appropriate escalate to Business Unit Leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and analyse complex or ill-defined problems and develop appropriate alternative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and oversee data integrity and compliance systems, proactive problem identification and execute appropriate responses to issue resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in ongoing knowledge transfer across the Financial Management team; provide advice on options and prepare a business case based on the recommended option.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, and direction for others in the team by coaching and supporting staff and fostering open communication and strong collaboration.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve a high level of trust and respect to influence outcomes and communicate findings.
- High level Microsoft Office and SAP skills.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
13 February 2024, 11:00pm AEDT