Location: Canberra, ACT, AU | Brisbane, QLD, AU | Sydney, NSW, AU | Melbourne, VIC, AU | Perth, WA, AU | Adelaide, SA, AU | Hobart, TAS, AU
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency
- Take the lead & manage the tender process, beginning to end
- Flexible, supportive team with up to 15.4% Super
We are looking for two Procurement Advisors to join our Strategic Procurement team. In this role you will be involved in a wide variety of interesting and unique Procurements that enable CSIRO to be amongst the world's largest and most diverse scientific research organisations, dedicated to addressing Australia's most pressing challenges.
As our Procurement Advisor you will be responsible for the end-to-end development and release of procurement documentation through open approaches to market. You will have exposure to a diverse range of procurements during your day to day. This may include procurements for the construction of state-of-the-art labs, facilitations services, demolition and upgrades of buildings, a variety of research scientific equipment as well as goods and services for the CSIRO Research Vessel and the Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex.
For over a century, CSIRO has been improving the lives of people everywhere with our science. We have advanced Australia with a range of inventions and innovations that have had significant positive impact on the lives of people around the world, like fast Wi-Fi, polymer banknotes, the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet and Aerogard. As a Procurement Advisor you will have an active role in enabling the science to achieve the next impactful inventions and innovations. Each procurement will be different and interesting as this role will include providing procurement expertise to assist stakeholders to plan, develop, and manage procurements, contract management, stakeholder management, and negotiations to ensure the best outcome for CSIRO is achieved.
Your duties will include:
- Undertake Complex procurements and tender related activities in a manner which is compliant with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPRs), internal procedures and procurement connected policies.
- Taking the lead in developing all associated procurement and tender documentation and managing the tender process from beginning to end.
- Provide support in developing sourcing strategies which support CSIRO objectives.
- Explaining procurement processes and requirements to those responsible to ensure compliance with the CPRs and government interconnected policies whilst adopting best practice, given the complexity of procurement and the time-pressured working environment.
- Develop contracts as an outcome of procurement activities.
- Support business units in the development and review of contracts for Complex Procurements
- Undertake market research to identify opportunities to utilise existing Government Panel arrangements.
- Liaise with clients to anticipate their needs and provide potential options that provide the best value for money outcome for CSIRO.
Location: Canberra, ACT location preferred but other Australian CSIRO locations will be considered
Salary: AU$89,680 - AU$101,459 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Working knowledge of the Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPR).
- Demonstrated ability to manage own workloads to achieve results in a professional and timely manner.
- Demonstrated capability in establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed and influential communication skills.
- Relevant qualifications in Government procurement and/or experience in a similar role.
- Understanding of how to undertake Complex procurements throughout the entire procurement lifecycle via open market approaches.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
14 February 2024, 11:00pm AEDT