Location: Canberra, ACT, AU
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency
- Take the lead & manage the tender process, beginning to end
- Flexible, supportive team with up to 15.4% Super
As a Procurement Advisor you will be responsible for supporting staff in using panel arrangements which are owned by CSIRO and other Commonwealth Agencies to deliver procurement objectives. These objectives can include the purchasing of scientific equipment, construction services, IT services and facilitation services, which will involve both the request for quote process, using various forms of engagement such as Work Order Requests, Official Orders, etc and supporting the development of the Contract under the Panel and subsequent reporting.
To set you up for success in this role you will have an understanding in undertaking procurements via Panels in a government setting which comply with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPRs), internal procedures and government interconnected policies. With the ability to work autonomously and within a team environment. Ideally you will understand the need to be flexible in how you approach work, noting the need to operate in an often-high-pressure environment, dealing with high volumes of work requiring you to be able to prioritise your workload to deal with changes in priorities.
Your duties will include:
- Utilising both internal CSIRO Panels as well as other Government panel arrangements.
- Provide advice to staff in relation to procurement activities and how to procure from Panels to ensure compliance with internal procedures and the Commonwealth Procurement Framework.
- Develop various forms of contracts as an outcome of procurement activities, for example and Work Orders and Official Orders.
- Undertake market research to identify opportunities to utilise existing Government Panel arrangements.
- Prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines and client expectations can be met.
- Work with various stakeholders and suppliers, in a collaborative manner when undertaking procurement activities and panel management.
- Liaise with clients to anticipate their needs and provide potential options. Take personal responsibility for driving client satisfaction and supporting client needs.
- Assist in the resolution of contract issues and disputes in a timely manner to minimise any impacts on business.
Location: Canberra preferred, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth locations considered
Salary: AU$89,680 - AU$101,459 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Working knowledge of Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPR) and Government procurement and knowledge of how they apply to a Corporate Commonwealth Entity (CCE) Organisation.
- Understanding of undertaking and delivering procurements throughout Panel arrangements.
- Demonstrated capability to think strategically and understand CSIRO’s position as a Commonwealth agency in panel management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage own workloads to achieve results in a professional and timely manner.
- Demonstrated capability in establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed technical, organisational and communication skills
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
14 February 2024, 11:00pm AEDT