- Brand new office location close to public transport in Station Street, Parramatta
- Supportive and structured training programme that will ensure you are fully trained before taking on claims
- Work flexibly, 2 days in the office and 3 days from home, 9-day fortnight available after probation has been passed
Looking for a new challenge in the new year? Register your interest to become a Case Manager in our Workers Compensation team where you can embark on a career that truly has meaning and helps people.
Perhaps you are currently working in customer service role, retail or hospitality? Or are you already working in the health industry with looking to try something different in the corporate world that can offer you stability, flexibility and career growth.
We are looking for new Case Managers to join our GB Family.
This is a career defining role, which includes an innovative service model that is truly unique to the market and our service offerings to injured workers and clients alike. We want YOU to bring your authentic self, and be a part of it all!
- Advising and providing case management support across a range of rehabilitation cases at various stages of their return to work journey;
- Engaging with insured employers, injured employees, rehabilitation professionals, medical practitioners and legal providers in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for all parties;
- Supporting the physical and psychological needs of our injured workers through the provision of services within our additional mental health, technical and rehabilitation support hubs;
- Contributing to excellent return to work outcomes and lead the end-to-end claims management life cycle;
- Collaborating with our additional Mental Health, Recovery and RTW, and Technical support hubs.
- You’ll have experience in a customer facing role and will be able to demonstrate excellent customer service.
- The ability to demonstrate resilience and navigate through challenging situations.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills.
- A customer focused approach with the ability to build trust and rapport.
- Highly developed communication skills, with the ability to engage at all levels of organisation;
- A strong sense of self, team and collaboration;
- A passion, interest or experience in the health industry would be highly regarded, but not mandatory
- A desire to learn, grow and develop your skills to progress your career through our training programmes and on the job learning.
What can we offer you?
- Attractive remuneration packaging
- Collaborative working environment – friendly, flexible and supportive working environment which is built around great team support and rewarding opportunities;
- Opportunities for ongoing education and development;
- Centralisation of several Technical and Legislative functions to empower Case Managers to focus on recovery, return to work and service delivery;
- Be part of a new cohort of Case Managers who will be onboarded as a team!
Gallagher Bassett (GB) is Australia and New Zealand’s premier third party claims administrator. We manage claims on behalf of insurers, brokers, government bodies and self-insured organisations. We are part of the leading global risk management and insurance group Arthur J Gallagher & Co.
Life at GB is an adventure - often fast paced, unpredictable, challenging and deeply rewarding. It is social and engaging, with our unique and positive culture underpinned by The Gallagher Way – values lived daily by our people.
In addition to flexible working options, we also offer supportive learning and career pathways and provide ongoing access to training and career development. We invest in our people through strong succession planning and have a number of mentoring and training programs available.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would be interested in for 2024, we would love to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this opportunity you must have right to live and work in Australia when applying.
Gallagher Bassett is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Indigenous Australian applicants are encouraged to apply. As a member of the Diversity Council Australia, we recognise the importance of, and embrace diversity in the workplace. We will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.