Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU | Canberra, ACT, AU | Sydney, NSW, AU | Melbourne, VIC, AU
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
Want to change healthcare with cutting edge digital technologies?
The Fast Healthcare Interoperable Resource (FHIR) standard is changing healthcare – enabling the sharing of data using modern computer technologies and setting the stage for new technologies including artificial intelligence.
- Would you like to utilise your skills developing FHIR software and solutions to deliver high-impact solutions within the area of integration, reference implementation and analysis of clinical and other health data?
- Do you feel excited about FHIR, interoperability, systems integration, and keen to enable exchange of digital health information across the AU health sector?
- Are you eager to create, standardise and maintain national and international FHIR standards to support exchange of digital health information? Or,
- Are you interested to develop architecture strategies and solutions as part of a national standard for data exchange?
Then come, be a part of the wider CSIRO’s Health and Biosecurity business and join CSIRO’s Australian e-Health Research Centre (AEHRC) in transforming the way healthcare is delivered and contribute to multiple projects undertaken within AEHRC and our partner organisations.
Life at AEHRC and how you can be part of our mission
Over the last two decades CSIRO’s Australian e-Health Research Centre (AEHRC) mission has been to develop new digital technologies to transform health. Inspired by a team of Australia’s brightest research scientists and thinkers, a collective culture and links to leading national health and tech agencies, we are determined to revolutionise the way Australia and the world do healthcare – one solution at a time. We thrive on a culture of can-do, collaboration and communication. And we’re growing. We would love to hear from you.
We are committed to continuously building a diverse, inclusive and flexible working environment where all our people are supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
The opportunities that we are offering
Sometimes a once-in-a-professional-lifetime opportunity comes along. This is that opportunity. The growth of digital health and digital health innovation means our centre has multiple projects and future commitments to deliver upon – driving an immediate need to extend our team.
We have a a number of opportunities for people with a passion for using the FHIR standard. This includes engineers and with varying experience levels and a combination of multiple skills and domain expertise. Joining our multidisciplinary FHIR Accelerator team, these people will be a part of the AEHRC team and work with our collaborators and stakeholders in the creation, development, management and support of open data exchange standards and capabilities to meet the current and future needs for Australia’s health system.
Locations are available across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Canberra with salary at competitive market rate plus up to 15.4% superannuation.
As a part of this team, you will contribute to multiple projects undertaken within the AEHRC. Some of our projects include the development of new platforms and applications for collecting and presenting data in healthcare, for example, data interoperability, AI and image processing using FHIR and OMOP and clinical terminologies such as SNOMED CT.
Are you a fit?
We are seeking FHIR Software Engineers/ Solution Architects with varied levels of experience and expertise due to the variety of available opportunities. If you are motivated to make a difference in healthcare and possess a combination of some of these skills and experiences that we are seeking below, then apply now to register your interest!
- A relevant bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline area, such as Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent relevant work experience in Software Engineering.
- Familiarity with the design and development of FHIR implementation guides
- Demonstrated experience in the health domain and HL7 standards (especially with HL7’s FHIR Specification)
- Knowledge and understanding of the healthcare IT domain, particularly in systems interoperability and integration.
- Demonstrated experience designing software interfaces and APIs
- Demonstrated experience with the design and development of software systems within a variety of technical development and deployment environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of common patterns applied to problems within software systems design and integration.
- Experience implementing and contributing to technical standards and specifications.
- Experience working within a team participating in an agile software development process.
Prior knowledge or proven experience with any of these specific technical skills like:
- working on mobile automation, app development, or iOS development
- experience with front-end technologies e.g. React, Vue.js, Knockout, or Angular
- developing and managing software in a cloud environment, such as AWS, GCP, Azure or OpenStackexperience with Configuration management or infrastructure as code tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, Puppet or Chef
Our teams are at the forefront of using new AI and cloud computes technologies to undertake AI challenges in healthcare, not possible previously.
If you are residing in Australia, and an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent or Temporary Resident with a visa that allows you to work full-time for a specific period of two to three years then, feel free to apply. Appointment to this role is subject to the provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
Where to from here
If you are interested in these FHIR opportunities within AEHRC, and meet few of the above role requirements, please apply to register your interest!
If you prefer to have an informal chat before putting in your EOI (Expression of Interest), you can contact Careers.Online@csiro.au.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates are also welcome to contact our Indigenous Talent lead at IndigenousCareers@csiro.au for more information.
Who will view my EOI? AEHRC Research Director, Group Leaders and Talent Acquisition are partnering together to review your expression of interest. We are excited to hear from you and will be in touch with you early next year, whenever we find there is a potential match to an opportunity that may be your future role! If you have already applied previously for similar opportunities, do not reapply as we have your application in our database for consideration. If you think you have the right capabilities required to be a part of CSIRO’s AEHRC team, we'd love to hear how your capabilities, achievements and experience sets you apart.
We strongly encourage you to apply early as we will be reviewing applications as they come through. CSIRO reserves the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date as we are actively looking for suitable talent for our upcoming projects.
26 January 2024, 11:00pm AEST.