Location: Sydney, NSW, AU Melbourne, VIC, AU
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Are you a recent or upcoming graduate seeking a career in a leading strategic consultancy?
- Showcase your strong market research and analytical abilities.
- Work across a broad range of CSIRO’s science and technology domains.
Why join CSIRO Futures?
CSIRO Futures is CSIRO’s strategic and economic advisory arm and a trusted advisor to external private and public sector entities.
- Work on globally impactful challenges: We work with forward-thinking industry and government customers to tackle the world’s most critical challenges, including energy transition, sustainable food production and resilient healthcare systems.
- Unparalleled access to scientific expertise: CSIRO sits at the cutting edge of science and technology. CSIRO Futures has direct access to over 5,000 world-leading researchers and technologists to ensure our insights are deeper and more evidence-based than those of other consultancies.
- Innovate for Australia’s future: We draw on our extensive consulting and economic analysis capabilities to identify growth opportunities in existing and emerging industries and develop strategies for how Australia can pursue them.
- Professional development: Beyond CSIRO’s commitment to dedicated learning and development days, the complex and multi-stakeholder nature of CSIRO Futures projects provides significant senior leadership and management experience compared to other consultancies.
- Flexible working arrangements: Our team offers a variety of flexible working arrangements, including working from home.
This entry-level position will be vital in delivering market research, analysis, and consultation assistance. Typical projects will focus on understanding the opportunities and challenges presented by major economic, environmental, social, and technological trends in a particular industry sector and how science, technology and innovation can assist in unlocking these opportunities.
Your duties will include:
- Gathering, understanding, analysing and synthesising large amounts of information from disparate sources into logical, robust quantitative and qualitative insights and conclusions.
- Extracting information from client and industry workshops and interviews.
- Providing detailed, accurate information/reports based on solid quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- Generating improved solutions to complex problems and resolving complaints using creativity, reasoning and experience.
- Actively develop working knowledge across CSIRO’s science and technology domains.
- Undertaking a range of administrative tasks following established procedures.
- Looking for opportunities to generate improved solutions in work situations, trying creative ways to deal with routine problems and opportunities, and exercising initiative when applying established procedures.
Location: Sydney or Melbourne
Salary: AU$68,148 to AU$86,733 per annum plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in Science, Engineering, Business, Finance, Economics or a related field includes a significant analytical/technical component.
- Strong market research skills with the ability to gather, evaluate, analyse and synthesise a broad range of technical information, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Experience in developing robust insights and communicating them through written deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in science and technology.
- Working effectively in a team environment, proactively collaborating and consulting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Competency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience generating quality client-facing written reports and deliverables in a professional capacity (e.g., professional services firm or similar) to inform senior corporate and government decision-making.
- Experience analysing new technologies, developing technology strategies or roadmaps, or explaining the benefits of technology in business terms.
- Qualifications or experience in a combination of scientific or engineering discipline and a business, finance, or economics-related field.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
20th December 2023, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT