Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU | Adelaide, SA, AU | Sydney, NSW, AU | Brisbane, QLD, AU
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
CSIRO’s Data61 is the digital technologies and data science arm of Australia’s national science agency. With around 400 staff and another 300 affiliate staff through its network of 30 university partners, Data61 represents one of the largest collections of R&D expertise in artificial intelligence, data science, cybersecurity, robotics, and software engineering in the world. With a focus on impact-driven science and technology, Data61 works across disciplines and industry sectors to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges through digital R&D.
The role of the Program and Administration Assistant is to provide support to Data61’s Research Program leadership teams and the Business Unit more broadly. This involves the development, implementation and administration of systems and procedures that assist the management and operations team to achieve their objectives.
Your duties will include:
- Provide general administrative support to all levels of leadership within the Research Operations Team, and provide direct support Research Programs including Team Leaders, Group Leaders and the Research Directors.
- Prepare and review correspondence, reports and other materials and assist to coordinate responses to information requests, and follow-up actions
- Coordinate internal and external meetings or other events, including booking rooms, resources, travel, transport, equipment and catering
- Establish and maintain electronic document management systems, databases, registers and lists (e.g. HPRM, email distribution lists).
- Contribute to the development of standard Business Unit/Program operating procedures and continuous improvement activities
- Communicate openly, effectively, and respectfully with all colleagues, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Available to work onsite and coordinate site-based activities
- Adhere to the spirit and practice of CSIRO’s Values, Code of Conduct, Health, Safety and Environment procedures and policy and diversity initiatives
- Other duties as directed.
Location: Clayton, Black Mountain, Eveleigh (preferred), other locations may be considered
Salary: AU$68,148 to AU$86,733 pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- Demonstrated experience in providing secretarial or administrative support to a Senior Manager or Executive in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications including Teams, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook; and in using HPRM, SAP and ePublish to manage workflow processes and on-line transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly convey information and ideas, and establish effective interpersonal relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally handle sensitive and confidential information, and use appropriate judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands, establish priorities, organise tasks to meet deadlines, and escalate issues.
- Ability to quickly adapt to technological, structural, and procedural changes and maintain professionalism and flexibility.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
13th December 2023, 11:00pm AEST